This post has already been read 1434 times!
The bog standard Fiat radio has its own nuances the most annoying of which is it turns itself off after 20 minutes. A possible fix for this was published last year but it didn’t work on my radio. I have subsequently come across another “fix” which did work on a 2013 Fiat radio. The procedure, which is not unlike the original version but has extra button pushings, is as follows:
1. Turn on radio using the central “ON/OFF” button.
2. Within 15 seconds simultaneously press “FM/AS” and pre-set button “2”.
3. Each time this pair of buttons are pressed the display will alternate between “NORMAL POWER MODE” and “CAMPER POWER MODE”.
4. When “CAMPER POWER MODE” is showing press “MENU”.
5. Using the “Up” and “Down” arrows (above and below the main “ON/OFF” button respectively) the display shows various adjustable items. Cycle through these until “RADIO OFF” and a number of minutes is shown on the display.
6. With “RADIO OFF” showing press the “LEFT” and or “RIGHT” arrows (Either side of the “ON/OFF” button) Each press of either button will alternate the numbers between “180” and “0”.
7. With “180” showing on the display the setting is complete and three hours of operation should be possible.
8. Press the “ON/OFF” button to exit the menu and return the display to its normal view.
When I first tried this nothing happened at step 3 until I repeated it but it is possible I didn’t press the buttons firmly enough. Please note this procedure is designed for the standard fitted Fiat radio. It may not work for every Fiat radio but it certainly worked for ours.