A Rally by the Sea
At Treloan Farm Campsite
Treloan Lane, Gerrans, Near Portscatho, Roseland Peninsula, Cornwall, TR2 5EF
John Laidler / firstname.lastname@example.org Landline: 01752 335 132 mobile: 07812 035 471
Please note: A list of attendees is shown at the bottom of this page.
I am organising another rally in Cornwall at the Treloan Farm campsite near Portscatho, Roseland. The dates are midday Thursday 21st April, departure morning of Monday 25th April.
The format will roughly follow what happened on this year’s rally, with a meal provided by the Hidden Hut on the Saturday evening and one or two walks of different lengths.
The campsites costs will be the same as last year:
Pitch (one or two people) £15:00 per night including electricity (£12.50 without electricity) and £1 per dog.
The Hidden Hut meal cost is not yet fully firm as total numbers will have a bearing but if you assume £15 per head as it was this year this should be about right within a pound or two. The menu options are Fish Paella, Chicken/Chorizo or Vegetarian.
The Fal Cruise, which was suggested in my original messages has been cancelled. The cost was unrealistic once we factored in a coach to take us to St Mawes as boarding on the Roseland Peninsula, as I had hoped, was not possible.
I am also arranging an evening meal in a local pub on the Sunday evening. Menu to follow.
The postal address of the campsite is: Treloan Coastal Holidays, Treloan Lane, Gerrans, Near Portscatho, Roseland Peninsula, Cornwall, TR2 5EF
Please note Julia Wright is arranging a follow-on meeting at Heligan starting on the Monday and she will be putting out details of this separately.
Could you please let me know if you wish to come to this rally:
- Your arrival and departure date.
- Numbers of people, with names please.
- Electricity required or not.
- Numbers of dogs – if any, I will assume folk are dog-less unless you tell me you are bringing a dog.
- Meal Choice: Fish, Chicken or Vegetarian – you can ask for half portions if you would like a bit of both.
- If you are interested in the Fal River cruise please also let me know. This does not imply a commitment by you as costs are unknown but I will start a list just in case numbers have to be limited.
- Finally, please let me know if you would like to attend the supper at the Plume of Feathers, Portscatho, on Sunday evening, which is about a ten or fifteen minute walk from the campsite. Costs unknown at this stage but assume typical pub prices. Again, I will start a list in case numbers have to be restricted so just let me know if you are interested in a meal and I will get back with options after discussing details with the pub when I have an idea on numbers.
Once I have had responses I will reply with more details and instructions on payment, which will be to the Murvi Club as we did last year.